Are you a talented, experienced leader working in any type of non- or for-profit Indiana business or organization? You can enhance your leadership skills and explore different leadership styles in a variety of environments through the Fellows Program.
This is no ordinary leadership seminar
As a Tobias Fellow, you’ll:
- Receive in-depth, individual executive skill assessment and coaching
- Get practical leadership experience through activities such as participating in military training at Camp Atterbury or Fort Knox, working on a racecar pit crew, and performing team-building exercises at Bradford Woods
- Hear leadership experts present their varied perspectives
- Examine current and classic leadership literature
- Join the Tobias Leadership Network, which connects all Fellows Program alumni
Formerly known as Hoosier Fellows, the high-potential leaders who engage in the 10-session executive development program are now known as Fellows of the Tobias Leadership Center. This change reflects the fact that the program has begun to receive applications from outside Indiana. Since its inception, one of the Tobias Leadership Center’s main goals has been to attract the best and brightest Fellows, scholars, and leadership experts – no matter where they call “home”. The evolution of the Program's name marks the realization of this goal.
Since 2006, the Fellows Program has enhanced the skills of high-potential leaders through a yearlong exploration of the theory and practice of leadership.
HR Project Consultant, Eli Lilly and Company
“Participating in the Fellows Program provided a unique opportunity to study a diversity of leadership styles and lessons through case studies, speakers, and the experiences of other program participants. But perhaps the most valuable aspect of the program was the forum it provided for me to reflect on my personal leadership journey and the attributes of the leader I aspire to be.”
Become a Tobias Fellow
Each year, 15–20 high-talent, experienced leaders from throughout Indiana, to across the nation, to around the world are admitted to the Fellows Program. While the program is designed for the more experienced, senior-level executive, it’s for anyone who’s held positions of increasing responsibility and shows continuing promise for steady moves upward. Although we prefer that you have at least a bachelor’s degree, your leadership experience may qualify you for the program.Apply now
Military Leadership Lessons at Camp Atterbury
Tobias Fellows gain an immersive lesson in military leadership and decision making through military training exercises at Camp Atterbury, an armed forces active-duty and reserve training area near Edinburgh, Indiana.
Who’s who of Tobias Fellows
When you become a Tobias Fellow, you’ll join prominent leaders from organizations such as:
- Angie’s List
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Cathedral High School
- Citizens Energy Group
- Cook Group
- Duke Realty
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Girl Scouts of Central Indiana, Inc.
- Indiana Civil Rights Commission
- Indiana Conference, United Methodist Church
- Indiana University School of Philanthropy
- Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
- IU Health
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis
- JPMorgan Chase and Company
- Lumina Foundation
- Merrill Lynch
- Metropolitan School District of Pike Township
- Office of Inspector General and State Ethics Commission
- OneAmerica Financial Partners
- Public Employees Retirement Fund (PERF)
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Simon Properties
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Wabash College
If you have questions or would like additional information about the Fellows Program, please contact us.