We bring together 15 to 20 seasoned leaders from diverse sectors and industries to form a peer-learning cohort, which is a key differentiator of our program. If you are an experienced, talented leader with a bright career outlook in business, education, government, religion, medicine, or the nonprofit sector, you’re eligible to apply.
Upgrade your leadership skills
Ready to apply?
You can apply now for the 2025 cohort. Priority review will begin on September 30.
The following is a sampling of companies past Fellows were supported by:
- Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Citizens Energy Group
- Duke Realty Corporation
- Lilly Endowment
- Indianapolis Fire Department
- IU Health
- Lumina Foundation
- Multiple from several school districts and corporation
- State of Indiana; multiple departments and agencies
- Public Employee Retirement Fund
- Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Wabash College
- And many more
You can apply online. Be prepared to upload the following required documents to complete the application process. Uploads work best using Word or PDF files.
- Current resume/CV
- Personal essay (500 words or less) focusing on your personal leadership philosophy and what you hope to gain from being a Tobias Fellow.
- Nomination letter from your employer, a leader of an organization to which you belong, or other professional contact.
There is no set deadline. However, applications will no longer be processed once 15-20 leaders have accepted their invitation to join the next cohort. To ensure diversity in each cohort, we balance the number of applications accepted from each of these four sectors: for profit, non-profit, government and education.
Apply early in the fall to be considered for the next January cohort start. If you have questions about the registration process or need to make a change on your application, please contact the Tobias Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-278-2800.
We suggest you carefully review the Tobias Fellows schedule and time commitment. If you cannot attend both the January and February retreats, or will need to miss more than one of the remaining eight sessions, please contact us to defer your participation until next year. This will allow us to confirm a leader who is able to commit to the schedule.
We realize time out of the office is difficult for some and conflicts do occur, but it is critical that you engage in the sessions to fully experience the transformation of your leadership skills and the Fellows interaction.