Important leaders of our time from business, government, nonprofit, and other sectors serve as narrators for the Tobias Leadership Center’s Oral History project. We examine key turning points in their careers—often times of crisis—and learn what key decisions they had to make and why they made them.
When you explore our oral histories, you’ll get not only insights into leadership, but also some extraordinary stories of the past from such luminaries as:
- Otis Bowen, former governor of Indiana
- Lee Hamilton, former state representative
- Theodore Hesburgh, former president of the University of Notre Dame
- Frances Hesselbein, former CEO of Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.
- Patricia Miller, co-founder of Vera Bradley
- Sallie Rowland, former CEO of Rowland Design
We conduct interviews to the highest standards prescribed by the American Oral History Association. Phil Scarpino, past chair of the history department and expert in oral history, is director of this project.